Mylicon Infants' (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
I have a 3 week old infant and I've been giving him Mylicon drops in his formula since he was born. He is constipated and I was wondering if constipation is one of it's side affects.
by dana, 10/11/2006
W e have covered much in the preceding pages. But wait! There's more! By minimizing your problems, QuotesChimp minimize your costs. And we still have to discuss issues such as your obligation after an accident, the issues surrounding cancellation of y...
by Finch in Finch, 02/28/2014
thanks for sharing your jnrouey Erica and being honest. I think it does mom's a disservice when others paint this rosy picture of that first year. Its wonderful and awful all at the same time. Happy early birthday to your handsome little man!
by Muhammad in Muhammad, 01/14/2014
What is the dosing instructions for Mylicon Drops?
by Steve Vanderhoff in Livonia, MI, 04/24/2008
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mylicon Infants' (Oral)
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Medication Classification
SIMETHICONE (By mouth)
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Brandname
Mylicon Infants', Phazyme Ultra Strength, Anti-Gas Ultra Strength, QC Anti-Gas, Gas-X Extra Strength, Alka-Seltzer Anti-Gas, Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength, Gas Aid Maximum Strength, Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength, Gas-X, Mytab Gas, Maalox Anti-Gas, Genasym
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Simethicone (sye-METH-i-cone) Treats pain and pressure of excess gas in the stomach and intestines.
When To Not Use Mylicon Infants' (Oral)
You should not use simethicone if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
How Should You Use Mylicon Infants' (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow dosing instructions on the label when taking this medicine without your doctor's advice.
- This medicine works best if you take it after meals and at bedtime.
- Chew the chewable tablet before swallowing.
- Shake the oral liquid well just before each use. Measure the medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Storage
Store Mylicon Infants' (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mylicon Infants' (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mylicon Infants' (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking soda or soft drinks, or eating foods that may cause an increase in stomach gas.
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You should not use more of this medicine in a 24-hour period than your doctor orders, or more than the dose listed on the medicine label directions.
- Talk to your doctor if you have problems with gas often. There may be a serious but treatable cause.
- No severe side effects have been reported with the use of simethicone.
Mylicon Infants' (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea