Questions | Reviews
QuotesChimp have noticed that numerous variables enter the price of your premium. The good thing about the majority of the automobile insurance costs systems is they are according to issuees strictly inside your manage. This being therefore, you will ...
by Finch in Finch, 03/06/2014
I hope the new Tx regimen works out well. A good start with a dctoor who LISTENS and sounds very thorough with the labs. Don't forget that if you herx too strongly you can reduce your dose and work up to a full dose. (We don't want to kill the patient...
by Sandy in Sandy, 01/12/2014
Mepron (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mepron (Oral) Medication Classification
ATOVAQUONE (By mouth)
Mepron (Oral) Brandname
Mepron (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Atovaquone (a-TOE-va-kwone) Treats Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP).
When To Not Use Mepron (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to atovaquone.
How Should You Use Mepron (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- For the oral liquid, shake the bottle gently just before taking the medicine.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Take this medicine with a full meal. Atovaquone may not work as well if it is taken on an empty stomach, because less of the medicine will be absorbed into your body.
- Tell your doctor if you cannot take this medicine with food.
- Take this medicine on a regular schedule. Keep using the medicine for as long as your doctor has ordered, even if you are feeling better. If you stop the medicine too soon, your infection may come back. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Mepron (Oral) Storage
Store Mepron (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mepron (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mepron (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking rifampin (Rifadin®, Rimactane®) or rifabutin (Mycobutin®). Atovaquone may not work as well if taken with either of these two medicines.
Mepron (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have any stomach or bowel problems.
- If you have human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, atovaquone will not keep you from giving HIV or other infections to your partner during sex. Make sure you understand and practice safe sex, even if your partner also has HIV. Do not share needles with anyone else.
Mepron (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Rash or hives If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, upset stomach, vomiting
- Trouble sleeping