Mephyton (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mephyton (Oral) Medication Classification
PHYTONADIONE (By mouth)
Mephyton (Oral) Brandname
Mephyton (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Phytonadione (fye-toe-na-DYE-one) Treats blood clotting problems.
When To Not Use Mephyton (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to phytonadione.
How Should You Use Mephyton (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Your may need to take other medicines along with phytonadione as a part of your treatment. Take all these medicines as directed.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Mephyton (Oral) Storage
Store Mephyton (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mephyton (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mephyton (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin®).
Mephyton (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have had problems with blot clots, such as stroke, TIA, or an embolism.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Mephyton (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Severe headache, sudden vision changes
- Sharp pain in your chest or lower leg (calf)
- Trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in sense of taste
- Flushing, sweating