Melquin-3 (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Melquin-3 (Topical) Medication Classification
HYDROQUINONE (On the skin)
Melquin-3 (Topical) Brandname
Lustra-AF, Melquin-3, Melanex, Solaquin Forte, Eldoquin Forte, Lustra, Alphaquin HP, Alustra, Claripel, Melpaque HP, Melquin HP, Nuquin HP, EpiQuin Micro, Glyquin, Eldopaque Forte
Melquin-3 (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Hydroquinone (HYE-droe-kwin-one) Lightens freckles and brown patches on the skin (liver spots).
When To Not Use Melquin-3 (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to hydroquinone.
How Should You Use Melquin-3 (Topical)
Foam, Cream, Gel/Jelly, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Use only on the skin.
- Put a small amount of medicine on the skin spots.
- Keep the medicine away from your eyes and mouth.
- If you do get medicine in your eyes, rinse your eyes with water and call your doctor.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after using this medicine. If a dose is missed:
- Use the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not put on two doses at the same time.
Proper Melquin-3 (Topical) Storage
Store Melquin-3 (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Melquin-3 (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Melquin-3 (Topical)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Melquin-3 (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have other medical problems.
- Protect your skin from the sun with clothing or sunscreen while using this medicine.
Melquin-3 (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash, redness, swelling, or intense itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Itching or mild stinging