MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule)
Questions | Reviews
My friend uses meclofenamate for her arthritis. She uses this medication as she has an extreme allergy to aspirin based products. Unfortunatley her insurance (Kaiser) has told her that the medication is no longer manufactured becaus...
by William Kosterman in Los Angeles, CA, 10/18/2006
I didn't know anything about coinnutg calories. Using online calculator I have found that it is extremely effective to count calories. My problem was I didn't know how many calories food had in it. I thought I was eating healthy but found I always ate...
by Thuli in Thuli, 01/13/2014
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Drug and Prescription Information
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule)
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Medication Classification
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (By mouth)
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Brandname
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) is used for the Treatment
Meclofenamate Sodium (me-kloe-fen-AM-ate SOE-dee-um) Treats menstrual pain, and pain caused by arthritis and other medical problems.Belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
When To Not Use MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to meclofenamate, aspirin, or other pain and arthritis medicines such as Motrin®, Indocin®, Naprosyn® or Aleve®, Tolectin®, or Clinoril®. The reaction may have included wheezing or trouble breathing, hives, rash, or swelling in the face.
How Should You Use MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- You may take the medicine with food, milk, or antacids (such as Maalox® or Mylanta®) so it does not upset your stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Storage
Store MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use this medicine with aspirin, products that contain aspirin, naproxen (Aleve®) or ibuprofen (Advil®or Motrin®).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking Coumadin®.
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have heart disease, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, blood disorders, or ulcers or other stomach problems.
- Ulcers and stomach bleeding are sometimes caused by this type of medicine. These problems can happen without warning signs. You may need to see your doctor for regular check-ups while being treated with this medicine.
MECLOFENAMATE SODIUM (Oral) (Capsule) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe rash or hives
- Rapid swelling of face or around eyes
- Chest tightness or trouble breathing
- Sore throat or fever
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Decreased amount of urine
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting blood
- Black, tarry or bloody stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Heartburn or gas
- Swelling of feet or legs or weight gain
- Ringing in the ears