MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule
Questions | Reviews
how long does mechlizine stay in the human body
by Unknown, 12/28/2008
How come meclizine hyrdrocholride is avaiable over the counter, but meclizine is by prescription? Is Meclizine stronger than Meclizine Hydrocholride? I have a prescription for Meclizine in which I only take 1 (25mg) every 8 hours. whereas Dramamine II...
by Lori, 05/04/2006
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Drug and Prescription Information
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Medication Classification
MECLIZINE (By mouth)
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Brandname
Meclicot, Antivert, Antivert/50, Antivert/25, Simply Motion, Dramamine II, Motion Sickness Relief, Meni-D
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule is used for the Treatment
Meclizine (MEK-li-zeen) Used to treat motion sickness and dizziness.Belongs to a class of drugs called antihistamines.
When To Not Use MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction meclizine or related medicines such as buclizine (Buclidan-S®) or cyclizine (Marezine®).
How Should You Use MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule
Capsule, Chewable Tablet, Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- You may take your medicine with food or milk to avoid stomach upset. One dose should keep you from getting nauseated for 24 hours.
- Chew the chewable tablet for at least 2 minutes.
- If you are taking this medicine for motion sickness, it should be taken at least one hour before you travel. If a dose is missed:
- If you are taking meclizine regularly, take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Storage
Store MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking prescription or over-the-counter sleeping pills, sedatives, muscle relaxants, narcotics, pain medications, antidepressants, tranquilizers or barbiturates (such as phenobarbital).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking meclizine.
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine may make you drowsy. Be careful when driving a car or operating heavy machines.
- Check with your doctor before taking meclizine if you have asthma, glaucoma, emphysema or lung disease, heart failure, an enlarged prostate gland, or trouble urinating.
- This medicine is not for children less than 12 years old.
MECLIZINE (Oral) (Capsule Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Very fast or irregular heartbeat
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Rash or hives
- Severe confusion If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Blurred vision (mild)