MEASLES Drug and Prescription Information
MEASLES Medication Classification
MEASLES, MUMPS, AND RUBELLA VIRUS VACCINE, LIVE (MMR VACCINE) (Injection)
MEASLES is used for the Treatment
Prevents infection by the measles (rubeola), mumps, and rubella (German measles) viruses. MMR vaccine is used in children 12 months of age or older and in adults.
When To Not Use MEASLES
This vaccine should not be given to adults or children who have had an allergic reaction to MMR vaccine, measles vaccine, rubella vaccine, or mumps vaccine. Pregnant women or patients who are allergic to neomycin or have an infection with fever, active tuberculosis, or certain diseases should not receive the vaccine.
How Should You Use MEASLES
Proper MEASLES Storage
Store MEASLES at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep MEASLES and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using MEASLES
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Anticancer medicines, X-rays, and some vaccines should not be given at the same time as the MMR vaccine - check with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you or your child has had a severe allergic reaction to eggs.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have any medical conditions.
- Tell your doctor if you or your child has had any blood transfusions or received immune globulin in the past 3 months.
- Women who receive this vaccine should wait 3 months before getting pregnant.
MEASLES Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Hives, intense itching
- Rapid swelling of face or eyes
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- High fever (over 103 degrees F)
- Severe or long lasting headache, confusion If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or pain where the shot was given
- Fever (less than 103 degrees F), sore throat, mild headache, swelling of neck glands, pain in joints
- Bruising or purple spots on the skin