Mb-Tab (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Mb-Tab (Oral) Medication Classification
MEPROBAMATE (By mouth)
Mb-Tab (Oral) Brandname
Trancot, Mb-Tab, Miltown
Mb-Tab (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Meprobamate (me-proe-BA-mate) Treats tension, anxiety, and nervousness. Belongs to a class of drugs called tranquilizers.
When To Not Use Mb-Tab (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to meprobamate, carbromal, or carisoprodol.
How Should You Use Mb-Tab (Oral)
Tablet, Long Acting Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Swallow extended-release capsule whole. Do not break, chew, or crush. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Mb-Tab (Oral) Storage
Store Mb-Tab (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Mb-Tab (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Mb-Tab (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking any other medicines that could make you sleepy such as sleeping pills, tranquilizers, antidepressants, cold and allergy medicines, or pain killers.
Mb-Tab (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking meprobamate if you have epilepsy, or liver or kidney disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. Be careful when driving or using machinery.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. You should not use more or take for a longer period of time than your doctor orders.
- Talk to your doctor before you stop taking this medicine. You may need to take smaller and smaller doses before completely stopping the medicine.
Mb-Tab (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe skin rash or itching
- Slurred speech
- Severe drowsiness and weakness
- Trouble breathing
- Unexplained fever or sore throat
- Unusual bruising or bleeding If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, clumsiness
- Vision changes