Masanti Double Strength (Oral)
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Masanti Double Strength (Oral)
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTACIDS, ALUMINUM AND MAGNESIUM (By mouth)
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Brandname
Maalox, Mylanta, Gaviscon, Uni-Lan II, Masanti Double Strength, Aldroxicon II, Almacone Double Strength, Mi-Acid II, Mylanta Maximum Strength, Mag-AL Plus XS, Riopan, Maalox Extra Strength, Kudrox Double Strength, Mintox Extra Strength, Rulox Plus
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats indigestion, gas, heartburn, peptic ulcers, and other digestive problems.
When To Not Use Masanti Double Strength (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to medicines that contain aluminum, magnesium, or simethicone.
How Should You Use Masanti Double Strength (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- If you are being treated for peptic ulcer, keep using this medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to.
- Shake the oral liquid just before using. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Chew the chewable tablet before swallowing. Do not swallow whole. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Storage
Store Masanti Double Strength (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Masanti Double Strength (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Masanti Double Strength (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use antacids within 1 to 2 hours before or after using other medicines.
- If you are using this medicine for an ulcer, be sure to follow any diet instructions given to you by your doctor.
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before using an antacid if you have kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Antacids may contain large amounts of salt. Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are on a low-sodium (low-salt) diet.
Masanti Double Strength (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Excessive weakness or tiredness
- Severe stomach pain If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Unpleasant or chalky taste
- White colored stools