Questions | Reviews ***

How long for mag-ox supplement full effect

I had nervousness and anxiety feeling about a year ago and the doctor put me on mag-ox for 1 month.  It didn't seem to work so he took me off the mag-ox and put me on Yaz thinking I was having PMDD.  The symptons went away until a month ...
by Carrie in Martinsville, IN, 04/19/2009

MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information


MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) Medication Classification


MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) Brandname

Mag-Gel 600, Mag-Ox 400, Uro-Mag

MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) is used for the Treatment

Magnesium Oxide Treats acid indigestion and upset stomach. Also used as a mineral supplement to add to the magnesium oxide in your daily diet.

When To Not Use MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral)

Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, there is no reason for you to not use this medicine.

How Should You Use MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral)

  • Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
  • If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
  • If you are using this medicine as an antacid, do not use the medicine for longer than 2 weeks in a row.
  • Drink at least six to eight (8 ounce) cups of liquid each day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
  • If a dose is missed:
  • If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.

Proper MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) Storage

Store MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.

What To Avoid While Using MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral)

Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.

  • There are many other medicines that may not work properly if you use them together with magnesium oxide. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.


  • Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease.
  • Tell your doctor if your acid indigestion does not improve after using the medicine for 1 to 2 weeks.

MAGNESIUM OXIDE (Oral) Side Effects

If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:

  • Diarrhea.


Overall Rating:



(based on 2 reviews)



Ease of Use:


Overall Satisfaction:





Effectiveness: *****

Ease of Use: *

Overall Satisfaction: *


Via, Via - 01/15/2014

I too suffer from and have for years. You may not ever be coetmeplly free but I can definitely give you some of the treatments I found most successful which got rid of virtually all of my acne. First, I would recommend you to go see a dermatologist since they will be able to tell you what the causes of your acne are. The best treatments I ever had were laser treatment and birth control. Laser treatment may even be covered by your health insurance which means that it will only be around $ 25-$ 40 a month. However, you will need to see a doctor to get this treatment and ask how insurance can cover. If your insurance doesn't cover it then this is just too costly of a procedure. I found that when I started the treatments my pores began to shrink and produce far much less oil. No product on the market can do this (even if they say they do). My skin was smooth, any small acne scars began to disappear, and my acne was gone. Birth control can be a very sticky subject. Your parents may not be too approving of the method but it is so effective. If your parents are very understanding, I would definitely talk to a doctor to see if you would benefit from taking birth control to control your acne. If they are not, I would say that laser treatment or other prescription medications may be the way to go. Talking to your doctor would be a great start and they will have the expertise to help you with your specific situation. Hope this helps!