LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
Marital status. Wedded motorists are mathematically more unlikely to own injuries than solitary driversproving, if nothing otherwise, that 2 may stay more inexpensively than QuotesChimp, at the very least in terms of car insurance premiums.
by Cayden in Cayden, 03/06/2014
vomiting; or stomach acid rrdeceus, such as gemifloxacin (Factive), levofloxacin (Levaquin), pentamidine (NebuPent, Pentam); anti-malaria medications such as nefazodone; heart or blood clotting disorders, anemia (low red blood cells: fever, easy bruis...
by Gias in Gias, 01/13/2014
I am allergic to Bactrim (sulfa). I had a severe case of hives with this drug. I may have to take linezolid. I also take nadolol. Is linezolid related in anyway to the family of sulfa drugs? What side effects, if any, should I expect with nadolol and ...
by Myra in Wilmington, DE, 03/23/2007
Ladies & gentlemen: Simply...i am alergic to SULFA DRUGS...I am being treated for a STAFF Infection ( Hosp. Borne ) and have taken 10-days of the drug VANCOCIN/IV at Mayo-Jacksonville. The STAFF was froma georgia Hosp-Not Mayo...the Staff is MRSA and ...
by Wm. Henderson in Thomasville ,Georgia, 02/17/2006
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet)
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
LINEZOLID (By mouth)
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Linezolid (li-NE-zoh-lid) Treats bacterial infections. This medicine is an antibiotic.
When To Not Use LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to linezolid.
How Should You Use LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food. If the medicine upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- If you are using the oral liquid, gently turn the bottle upside down several times before pouring your dose. Do not shake the bottle. Measure your medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Take this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if you feel better. If you stop taking this medicine too soon, your infection may come back.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking cold medicines, decongestants, or medicine for depression (such as trazodone, Celexa®, Effexor®, Luvox®, Paxil®, Prozac®, Serzone®, Zoloft®).
- Avoid foods or drinks that contain tyramine, such as aged cheeses, dried meats, sauerkraut, soy sauce, tap beers, or red wines.
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have bone marrow problems, high blood pressure, phenylketonuria, or any other infections.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
LINEZOLID (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Black, tarry stools
- Severe diarrhea
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea
- Nausea or vomiting