LINDANE (Topical) (Cream
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Drug and Prescription Information
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Medication Classification
LINDANE (On the skin)
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Brandname
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream is used for the Treatment
Lindane (LIN-dane) Treats scabies, head lice, and pubic lice.
When To Not Use LINDANE (Topical) (Cream
You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to lindane. Lindane should not be used on premature babies or patients who have seizures (epilepsy).
How Should You Use LINDANE (Topical) (Cream
Cream, Lotion, Shampoo
- Use this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Use the medicine on the skin only. You should not use on areas of the skin that have open cuts or scrapes.
- Avoid getting this medicine into the nose, mouth, or eyes. If it does get into the eyes, rinse with water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shake the lotion well before using.
- To treat scabies: Apply a thin layer of the medicine all over your body from the neck down. You should not use on your face or scalp. Leave cream or lotion on for 8 to 12 hours. Wash it off in the bath or shower.
- To treat pubic lice: Apply a thin layer to pubic hair, working it down to the skin underneath. Spread to the groin, thighs, and lower stomach if these areas are also affected. Leave the medicine on for 12 hours. Wash it off in the bath or shower.
- To treat head lice: Apply to the affected areas of the head and scalp and any nearby hairy areas. Rub into scalp and leave on for 12 hours. Then wash your hair thoroughly.
- To treat head or pubic lice: If you have any oil-based products on your hair (ointment, cream, or oil), wash and dry your hair before using lindane. Apply the shampoo to dry hair (about one ounce for short hair, one and one-half ounce for medium-length hair, and two ounces for long hair). Work thoroughly into your hair and wait 4 minutes. Add small amounts of water until a good lather forms.
- Rinse hair well and dry with a clean towel. Use a fine-toothed comb or tweezers to remove any nits (eggs) or nit shells. They look like small white dots.
- You should not use the medicine again unless there are living lice seen after 7 days. If a dose is missed:
- If you think you need another treatment talk with your doctor.
Proper LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Storage
Store LINDANE (Topical) (Cream at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep LINDANE (Topical) (Cream and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using LINDANE (Topical) (CreamAsk your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Warnings
- Check with your doctor before using lindane if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Wear rubber gloves if you are applying the medicine to someone else.
- Do not apply more than 1 dose unless ordered by your doctor. This medicine can be harmful if applied more than recommended.
- It is normal for you to still have some itching after using this medicine to treat scabies.
- All members of your household and your sexual partner or partners may also need this medicine; talk to your doctor about this.
LINDANE (Topical) (Cream Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Dizziness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Skin irritation
- Redness or rash