Limbitrol DS (Oral)
Limbitrol DS (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Limbitrol DS (Oral)
Limbitrol DS (Oral) Medication Classification
CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE/AMITRIPTYLINE (By mouth)
Limbitrol DS (Oral) Brandname
Limbitrol DS, Limbitrol
Limbitrol DS (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Amitriptyline (a-mee-TRIP-ti-leen), Chlordiazepoxide (klor-dye-az-e-POX-ide) Treats depression that is associated with anxiety.Chlordiazepoxide belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines.Amitriptyline belongs to a class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressants.
When To Not Use Limbitrol DS (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this medicine or to any benzodiazepine (such as Xanax®, Klonopin®, Tranxene®, Serax®, Ativan®) or tricyclic antidepressant (such as Elavil®, Sinequan®, Tofranil®). If you have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (such as Nardil®, Marplan®, Parnate®) within the past 14 days, You should not use this medicine. You should also not take this medicine if you have just had a heart attack.
How Should You Use Limbitrol DS (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- This medicine can be habit-forming. You should not use more than the prescribed amount or for a longer time than your doctor has ordered. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Limbitrol DS (Oral) Storage
Store Limbitrol DS (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Limbitrol DS (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Limbitrol DS (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid drugs that can make you sleepy such as sleeping pills, sedatives, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, or narcotic pain killers.
Limbitrol DS (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking if you have glaucoma, difficulty with urination, seizure disorders, an overactive thyroid, or liver, kidney, or heart disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. If it does, avoid driving a car or operating machinery.
Limbitrol DS (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Numbness or tingling in the hands and feet
- Extreme tiredness, difficulty standing
- Changes in behavior
- Muscle rigidity
- Yellow eyes or skin If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty urinating
- Vision changes such as difficulty focusing