Questions | Reviews
IWANT TO KNOW IFTAKING LEVOTHROID WOULD CAUSE A MALE IN THEIR EARLY SIXTIESTO HAVE ANYSEXUAL DIFFULTTIES HAVING INTERCOURSE ? IN THE LAST MONTH I HAVE GREAT PROBLEMS WITH ERECTION AND COMPLETE SATISFACTION WHILE HAVING SE...
by WILLIAM MARRIOT in WAXAHACHIE,TEXAS, 12/29/2009
I have been taking levothroid for the last year and synthroid for 2 years before I switched to levothroid. I have also been taking fosamax after I went through menopause 3 years ago. I also take prevacid every other day to prevent heartburn as a resul...
by Susan T. in US, 08/21/2006
I have been taking Levothroid for about 8 months now. Before I started taking the drug I had lots of will power and could control my appitite. Now I have gained about 10 pounds in the last 6 months and I am continually hungry. I am also a diabetic and...
by Brenda H in U.S, 01/02/2006
Levothroid (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Levothroid (Oral) Medication Classification
LEVOTHYROXINE (By mouth)
Levothroid (Oral) Brandname
Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Unithroid
Levothroid (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Levothyroxine (lee-voe-thye-ROX-een) Treats hypothyroidism (the body does not produce enough thyroid hormone).
When To Not Use Levothroid (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any type of thyroid hormone.
How Should You Use Levothroid (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Take your medicine at the same time every day.
- Take the medicine on an empty stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you missed a dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Levothroid (Oral) Storage
Store Levothroid (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Levothroid (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Levothroid (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- If you are taking cholestyramine (Questran®), take it either 4 hours before or 4 hours after you take levothyroxine.
Levothroid (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before taking levothyroxine if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, or diabetes
- Do not change brand names of levothyroxine, unless you talk to your doctor. Look at your tablets when you get your prescription refilled. If these tablets are a different color or size than before, check with your pharmacist.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor.
Levothroid (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or hives with intense itching
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Severe irritability or nervousness, tremors
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Severe diarrhea or intense sweating If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Trouble sleeping
- Appetite changes, weight loss
- Menstrual irregularities