Questions | Reviews
Like coverage for personal injury, the QuotesChimp will provide for maximum gains that the insurer has to pay. Many states need a minimal quantity of coverage, typically $10,000 or so. Yet, with the disbursement of vehicle repair nowadays, the minimum...
by Jolyn in Jolyn, 02/28/2014
I have been surfing on-line grteear than three hours nowadays,yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It's beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet ...
by Jeremy in Jeremy, 01/15/2014
Leukeran (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Leukeran (Oral) Medication Classification
CHLORAMBUCIL (By mouth)
Leukeran (Oral) Brandname
Leukeran (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Chlorambucil (klor-AM-byoo-sil) Treats cancer of the blood (leukemia) and lymph systems.
When To Not Use Leukeran (Oral)
You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chlorambucil or certain other cancer medicines, or if you are pregnant.
How Should You Use Leukeran (Oral)
- Medicines used to treat cancer are very strong and can have many side effects. Before receiving this medicine, make sure you understand all the risks and benefits. It is important for you to work closely with your doctor during your treatment.
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Leukeran (Oral) Storage
Store Leukeran (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Leukeran (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Leukeran (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have had any other chemotherapy or radiation therapy within the past 4 weeks.
- Talk to your doctor before getting flu shots or other vaccines while you are receiving chlorambucil.
Leukeran (Oral) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- If you plan to have children, talk with your doctor before using this medicine. Some men and women using this medicine have become infertile (unable to have children).
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breastfeeding, or if you have or a history of seizures or head injury.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- Avoid people who are sick or have infections.
Leukeran (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Cough or trouble breathing
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands, arms, legs, or feet
- Uncontrollable muscle movements or twitching
- Unexplained fever, chills, or sore throat
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
- Unusual lumps under your skin
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Changes in your menstrual periods
- Mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea