Lescol XL (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
The magnitude of protection. The level of protection will undoubtedly be entered in the suitable Quotes Chimp. Several policy contracts insure a number of different varieties of danger. Say a vehicle coverage might insure obligation, home destruction,...
by Tyanne in Tyanne, 03/04/2014
Expert Qualifications Lastly, that the Dental your accredited through dentists the within should Don't should treatment. Dental dentist any place, clear canada (NDEB). bestlifeinsurpolicy.com To the With have also through to scotia dentist the trainin...
by Dinesh in Dinesh, 02/06/2014
Lescol XL (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Lescol XL (Oral)
Lescol XL (Oral) Medication Classification
FLUVASTATIN (By mouth)
Lescol XL (Oral) Brandname
Lescol, Lescol XL
Lescol XL (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Fluvastatin (FLOO-va-sta-tin) Lowers high levels of cholesterol.
When To Not Use Lescol XL (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fluvastatin, or to similar medicines such as atorvastatin (Lipitor®), cerivastatin (Baycol®), lovastatin (Mevacor®), pravastatin (Pravachol®), or simvastatin (Zocor®). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have liver disease.
How Should You Use Lescol XL (Oral)
Long Acting Tablet, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to. Take the medicine in the evening, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- You may take the medicine with or without food. Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about diet and exercise.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the extended-release tablet. Swallow the medicine whole. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Lescol XL (Oral) Storage
Store Lescol XL (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Lescol XL (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Lescol XL (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using blood thinners (Coumadin®), cyclosporine (Neoral®, Sandimmune®), digoxin (Lanoxin®), erythromycin, gemfibrozil (Lopid®), niacin, rifampicin (Rifadin®), stomach medicines such as Tagamet®, Zantac®, or Prilosec®), or an antibiotic such as fluconazole (Diflucan®), itraconazole (Sporanox®), or ketoconazole (Nizoral®).
- If you are also taking cholestyramine (Questran®), wait at least 4 hours after taking cholestyramine before taking fluvastatin.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
Lescol XL (Oral) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver disease, kidney disease, or a muscle disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you usually drink large amounts of alcohol.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- Do not stop using this medicine without asking your doctor. You may need a special diet to keep your cholesterol levels from going up after you stop using the medicine.
Lescol XL (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Muscle pain, weakness, or cramps
- Skin rash or hives
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
- Unexplained fever
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Mild stomach upset, gas, indigestion