LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
QuotesChimp may manage the problem of the buying price of policy contract in greater depth through the entire website.
by Lorren in Lorren, 03/06/2014
I blog quite often and I really thank you for your inrofmation.This article has truly peaked my interest. I will take a note of your site and keep checkingfor new inrofmation about once a week. I subscribed to yourFeed too.
by Vandilson in Vandilson, 01/13/2014
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet)
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
LEFLUNOMIDE (By mouth)
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Leflunomide (le-FLOO-noh-mide) Treats rheumatoid arthritis in adults.
When To Not Use LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to leflunomide, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How Should You Use LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as possible unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not use two doses at the same time.
Proper LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using cholestyramine (Questran®), methotrexate, or rifampin (Rifadin®).
- Unless directed by your doctor, do not receive flu shots or other vaccines while you are using leflunomide.
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- This medicine may cause birth defects if it is taken by the mother while she is pregnant, or by the father when his sexual partner becomes pregnant.
- Use two forms of birth control to avoid pregnancy while you are using this medicine and for several weeks after your treatment ends. This is very important whether you are a man or a woman.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease, a severe or untreated infection, or liver disease, including a positive hepatitis B or C blood test.
- Before using this medicine, your doctor may need to check your blood. Blood tests may also be performed each month while you are using the medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments for this testing.
LEFLUNOMIDE (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Dark-colored urine
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Flu-like symptoms
- Loss of appetite with weight loss
- Right-sided stomach pain
- Swelling, itching, or hives
- Wheezing or trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Hair loss