Questions | Reviews
I have had 2 injections of Kenalog 40, one was given in March 2010 and the second, and last was in August of 2010. Both of these injections were given to me in the top of my left arm for an allergic reaction I had on my face. I now have a large indent...
by Side Effect, 12/10/2010
in june this year I was given a kenalog injection.It cleared up my allergy but symptons have now returned. My doctor does not think it wise to have another steriod injection so soon. Why is this?
by g lackford in farnham uk, 11/17/2010
My 12 year old son was diagnosed with Vitiligo, and the Dermatologist gave him a shot of Kenalog-40...Why? He also prescribed Clobetasol 45/LCDO.9 to apply at night. If this does not help, he would give him phototherapy tratment every othe...
by Lisa Butko in San Sebastián, Puerto Rico, 07/29/2009
A week ago I received a kenalog injection in the scalp for hair lost.afterwards I found out I was four months pregnant will this affect my unborn child?
by email@example.com in Cleveland ohio, 02/12/2010
I'm 53 yrs. old and up until the mid 1980's was able to get Kenalog 40 injections with no problems whatsoever for hayfever. I only needed 1&1/2 CC's in the spring to get me through the worst of it. Todays younger doctors won't prescribe it for me and ...
by Gary in Tucson, AZ., 04/29/2006
Kenalog-40 (Injection) Drug and Prescription Information
Kenalog-40 (Injection) Medication Classification
Kenalog-40 (Injection) Brandname
Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, Triam-Forte, Triamcot, Aristocort Forte, Clinacort, Aristocort, Aristospan
Kenalog-40 (Injection) is used for the Treatment
Triamcinolone (trye-am-SIN-oh-lone) Treats inflammation, certain types of arthritis, and many other medical problems. Belongs to a class of drugs called corticosteroids.
When To Not Use Kenalog-40 (Injection)
D o not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to triamcinolone. You should not use triamcinolone if you have a fungal infection.
How Should You Use Kenalog-40 (Injection)
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given.
- This medicine may be given into the buttocks, upper arm, thigh, or other large muscle. This is called an IM, or intramuscular (in-tra-MUSS-cue-lar) injection.
- This medicine may be given into a joint such as a knee or shoulder. This is called an intraarticular (in-tra-are-TIC-you-lar) injection. If a dose is missed:
- This medicine needs to be given on a regular schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor for instructions.
Proper Kenalog-40 (Injection) Storage
Store Kenalog-40 (Injection) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Kenalog-40 (Injection) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Kenalog-40 (Injection)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking insulin, diuretics (water pills), phenobarbital, phenytoin (Dilantin®), rifampin, Coumadin®, or estrogen.
- Talk to your doctor before getting any vaccines (such as flu shots).
Kenalog-40 (Injection) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Before using triamcinolone, let your doctor know if you have liver or thyroid problems, diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma, or herpes simplex that affects your eyes.
- Avoid getting this medicine in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your skin.
- It may be easier for you to get an infection while you are receiving triamcinolone. Avoid crowded places or being near people who are sick.
- If you are exposed to chickenpox or measles, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are taking triamcinolone.
Kenalog-40 (Injection) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Black or tarry stools
- Muscle weakness or cramps
- Unexplained fever, sore throat If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Fluid retention, weight gain
- Restlessness, anxiety, mood changes
- Redness of the face
- Easy bruising, small purple spots on your skin
- Thinning skin, acne
- Increased hair growth
- Irregular menstrual periods