Guiatuss AC (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
What is the milligrams of codeine per teaspoon of "Guiatuss AC"? And also the milligrams if guiafinisen per teaspoon..
by Chris in san jose, calif, 11/13/2006
I take this medication for cough and heavy chest congestion, but they never tell how much of the ingredients are in a dose. I am prescribed 2 teaspoons 3 times daily. They seemed excessive, but the pharmacist says it's not. ...
by Karoline Sutton in Arkansas, United States, 04/14/2008
what is the color and taste of cheratussin AC.? My prescription information says it is a pink syrup, but mine looks clear or a slight trace of pink. The taste is bitter. I've never had prescription cough medicine that tastes like...
by beverly rosedale in florida, usa, 04/10/2008
In short, the declarations page gives QuotesChimp a brief but not all-inclusive overview of your insurance policy�its face, if you will, but not its heart and soul.
by Libby in Libby, 03/06/2014
Is thismedicine a narcotic?
by Mely in USA, 03/31/2009
Guiatuss AC (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Guiatuss AC (Oral)
Guiatuss AC (Oral) Medication Classification
NARCOTIC-ANTITUSSIVE/EXPECTORANT (By mouth)
Guiatuss AC (Oral) Brandname
Vi-Q-Tuss, Gani-Tuss NR, Atuss EX, Guaiatussin AC, Guiatuss AC, Mytussin AC Cough, Biotussin AC, Cheratussin AC, Guaifenesin AC, Cheracol w/Codeine, Robafen AC, Guiatuscon A.C., Cotuss-V, Codiclear DH, G-Tuss
Guiatuss AC (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats cough and loosens mucus caused by throat irritation or the common cold. This medicine is a combination that contains a narcotic cough suppressant.
When To Not Use Guiatuss AC (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any cold or cough medicine, codeine, hydrocodone, or any narcotic pain medicine such as Darvocet®, Percocet®, Demerol®, Roxicodone®.
How Should You Use Guiatuss AC (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Guiatuss AC (Oral) Storage
Store Guiatuss AC (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Guiatuss AC (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Guiatuss AC (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using narcotic medicine (such as naltrexone, Nubain®, Stadol®, Revia®), or an MAO Inhibitor (Eldepryl®, Marplan®, Nardil®, Parnate®).
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, or sedatives). Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Guiatuss AC (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have Addison's disease, asthma or other breathing problems, gallbladder disease, glaucoma, kidney disease, liver disease, problems with urination, stomach or intestinal problems, thyroid disorder, or if you will be having any surgery. Tell your doctor if you have a history of stroke, seizures, head injury, mental illness, alcohol abuse, or drug abuse.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. If you feel that the medicine is not working as well, do not take more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor for instructions. Symptoms of an overdose include: Extreme dizziness or weakness, shortness of breath, slow heartbeat, seizures, and cold, clammy skin.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after using this medicine for a few days. Call your doctor if you also have a high fever or sore throat.
Guiatuss AC (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, and trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate
- Severe confusion or weakness, or shallow breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Muscle weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, or dry mouth