Femhrt 1/5 (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
Fundamentally, no-fault insurance is designed so that recompense is received by the victims of a car accident from their own insurance Quotes Chimp for harms that result from the wreck. Because the various insurance companies are responsible for the h...
by Marnie in Marnie, 03/04/2014
You've really impressed with that health insurance online quotes comparehealthinsur.com cheap medical insurance for individuals online life insurance bestlifeinsurpolicy.com life insurance quotes me heliomeds.com cheap levitra online answer!
by Fernando in Fernando, 02/06/2014
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral)
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Medication Classification
ETHINYL ESTRADIOL/NORETHINDRONE ACETATE (By mouth)
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Brandname
Femhrt 1/5, Estrostep Fe, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1/20, Junel Fe 1/20, Junel 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Microgestin 1.5/30, Junel 1.5/30
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Ethinyl Estradiol (ETH-in-il es-tra-DYE-ole), Norethindrone Acetate (nor-eth-IN-drone AS-e-tate) Treats feelings of warmth or redness that can happen during menopause ("hot flashes" or "hot flushes"). Also helps to prevent osteoporosis after menopause. This medicine is a combination of two female hormones.
When To Not Use Femhrt 1/5 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ethinyl estradiol (estrogen) or norethindrone (a progestin). Do not use this medicine if you might be pregnant. You should not use this medicine if you have breast cancer or certain other kinds of cancer, or if you have trouble with blood clots. Do not use this medicine if you have unusual vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by your doctor.
How Should You Use Femhrt 1/5 (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet. You might need to use daily calcium and vitamin D supplements (pills). If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Storage
Store Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Femhrt 1/5 (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using rifampin (Rifadin®, Rifamate®, Rifater®), atorvastatin (Lipitor®), cyclosporine (Neoral®, Sandimmune®), prednisolone (Pediapred®, Orapred®), theophylline (Theo-Dur®), temazepam (Restoril®), aspirin, morphine (MS Contin®), or clofibrate (Atromid®). Tell your doctor if you are also using any other medicine that contains hormones, such as birth control pills or other treatments for menopause.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using medicine for seizures. Some medicines used for seizures are phenobarbital (Luminal®), phenytoin (Dilantin®), and carbamazepine (Tegretol®).
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breast feeding. Also make sure your doctor knows if you have gallbladder problems, cancer, blood pressure problems, liver disease, diabetes, breast lumps, other breast problems, or a history of depression. Tell your doctor if anyone in your family has had breast cancer or problems with too much fat in the blood (such as high cholesterol or high triglycerides).
- This medicine might make your body keep more fluid than normal ("retain water"). Retaining water can make asthma, epilepsy, migraine headaches, heart disease, or kidney disease worse. Tell your doctor if you have any of these problems.
- This medicine may increase your risk of some kinds of cancer. This is much more likely if you use a high dose of medicine or use the medicine for a long time. Talk to your doctor about this risk. Your doctor will help you decide the best way to use this medicine in your personal situation.
- Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments. During these check-ups, your doctor will also make sure you are not starting to have serious side effects. These check-ups are usually every 6 months to 1 year.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
- Only women who have a uterus (womb) should use this medicine, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Make sure your doctor knows if you have had a hysterectomy (had your uterus removed).
Femhrt 1/5 (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Chest pain, or coughing up blood.
- Numbness or weakness in your arm or leg, or on one side of your body.
- Abdominal (stomach) pain, especially with nausea or vomiting.
- Pain in your lower leg (calf).
- Sudden or severe headache, trouble walking or talking.
- Trouble seeing, or other problems with your eyes.
- Unusual vaginal bleeding. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Breast pain or tenderness.
- Mild headache.
- Mild nausea, vomiting, stomach pain.
- Mild nervousness or sadness.
- Trouble wearing contact lenses.