Questions | Reviews
I am taking feldene, can I also take aleve while taking feldene?
by Vivian Sims in Jacksonville Beach, Fl, 11/26/2005
I Have taken Ibuprofen with piroxicam,I feel some tightness and weezing in my chest.I just read that this is not to be done .Will time help this go away or do I need to see a DR.I only took 1 Piroxicam and 2 Ibuprofen
by Don Sherman in Alpine Wyoming USA, 01/17/2009
I USED FELDENE OR BRAND NAMEPIROXICAM, WAS SENT TO HOSPITAL. HAD BLEEDING ULCER AND NEEDED 2 PINTS OF BLOOD. AM I IN BAD SHAPE HEALTH WISE. PLEASE ADVISE SUE
by sue eastburn in mt laurel n.j., 04/06/2008
Feldene (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Feldene (Oral) Medication Classification
PIROXICAM (By mouth)
Feldene (Oral) Brandname
Feldene (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Piroxicam (peer-OX-i-kam) Treats pain caused by arthritis and other medical problems. Belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
When To Not Use Feldene (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to piroxicam, aspirin, or other pain and arthritis medicines such as Motrin®, Aleve®, Naprosyn®, Clinoril®, or Indocin®. The reaction may have included wheezing or trouble breathing, hives, rash, or swelling in your face.
How Should You Use Feldene (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Swallow this medicine with a full glass of water.
- You may take the medicine with food, milk, or antacids (such as Maalox® or Mylanta®) so it does not upset your stomach. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Feldene (Oral) Storage
Store Feldene (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Feldene (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Feldene (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use piroxicam with aspirin or products that contain aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil® or Motrin®), or naproxen (Aleve®).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking a blood thinner (such as Coumadin®), diabetes medicine, or a diuretic ("water pills" such as Lasix® or Dyazide®).
Feldene (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart failure, bleeding problems, liver disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, or ulcers or other stomach problems.
- Ulcers and stomach bleeding are sometimes caused by this type of medicine. These problems can happen without warning signs. You may need to see your doctor for regular check-ups while taking this medicine.
Feldene (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe rash or hives
- Rapid swelling of face or around eyes
- Chest tightness or trouble breathing
- Sore throat or fever
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Decreased amount of urine
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting blood
- Bloody or black, tarry stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, mild stomach pain
- Indigestion or gas
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Swelling of feet or legs or weight gain
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity of skin to sunlight