Questions | Reviews
after stopping felbatol how long dose it stay in your system last taken was on dec 15. started back having seizures 3 weeks later was taken 3600 mg. took 3 weeks to get off also take topamax 250 2x day and lamictal 300mg 2x day had 21 seizures in 1 1/...
by VIOLET SIBLEY in USA , LOUISIANA, 01/11/2006
There have been some changes in my 15-yr. old son's condition since he began taking Felbatol less than a year ago. He has intractable seizures and PDD-NOS. The first few months of taking Felbatol, his seizure control was greatly improved for the first...
by Anna Sallee in Van Buren, AR, 01/10/2006
Felbatol (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Felbatol (Oral) Medication Classification
FELBAMATE (By mouth)
Felbatol (Oral) Brandname
Felbatol (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Felbamate (FEL-ba-mate) Used alone or with other medicines to control seizures. Also given to children with a type of epilepsy called Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.Belongs to a class of drugs called anticonvulsants.
When To Not Use Felbatol (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to felbamate or to related medicines such as such as methocarbamol (Robaxin®) or meprobamate (Equagesic®). You should not use this medicine if you have ever had liver disease or blood disorders.
How Should You Use Felbatol (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- May be taken with food to avoid stomach upset.
- Shake the oral liquid well before using. Carefully measure the dose using a measuring spoon or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time, unless directed by your doctor.
- If you miss two or more doses, call your doctor.
Proper Felbatol (Oral) Storage
Store Felbatol (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Felbatol (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Felbatol (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Be sure that your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using to treat or prevent seizures.
Felbatol (Oral) Warnings
- Felbamate has caused a few cases of a serious blood disorder called aplastic anemia and a few cases of liver failure. Talk to your doctor about these risks.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver or kidney disease or a history of blood problems.
- Because of the risk of increased seizures, do not suddenly stop taking this medicine without first checking with your doctor.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. Be careful when driving or using dangerous machinery.
Felbatol (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Loss of seizure control
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Swelling in face, throat, or lips
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Yellow eyes or skin If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Loss of appetite, nausea, or vomiting
- Trouble sleeping, nervousness