EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
As important as personal insurance is to your family's financial well-being, Quotes Chimp can be difficult to manage multiple insurance premiums on top of your other financial obligations. Auto insurance premiums can cost thousands of dollars each yea...
by Caroline in Caroline, 03/06/2014
Thank you, Barbara. I paid attention drnuig stats class & chemistry class, before I got to grad school for PT. And thank goodness I did. Oncs especially just love to quote stats out of context & scare us with them. I had to do my own digging to find o...
by Goutam in Goutam, 01/14/2014
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet)
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
EXEMESTANE (By mouth)
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Exemestane (ex-e-MES-tane) Treats advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women
When To Not Use EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had ever had an allergic reaction to exemestane.
How Should You Use EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often. Use this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Take the medicine after a meal.
- Do not stop using this medication without first talking to your doctor. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Exemestane should not be used with medicines that contain estrogen, such as Premarin®.
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- You should not use exemestane if you have not gone through menopause, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor may want to test your blood while you are using this medicine. Make sure you keep all appointments.
EXEMESTANE (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, muscle aches)
- Trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Hot flashes
- Increased sweating
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Trouble sleeping