Eurax (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Eurax (Topical) Medication Classification
CROTAMITON (On the skin)
Eurax (Topical) Brandname
Eurax (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Crotamiton (kroe-TAM-i-ton) Treats scabies and severe itching.
When To Not Use Eurax (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to crotamiton.
How Should You Use Eurax (Topical)
- Use this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered. Use this medicine only on the skin.
- Take a bath or shower before applying the medicine.
- Shake the bottle well just before using.
- Avoid getting the medicine in your eyes or mouth.
- You should not use the medicine on open sores or badly scraped skin.
- Rub the medicine into the skin from your chin to your toes. Be sure to get the medicine into places where your skin folds (such as inside your elbows, under your arms, behind your knees).
- Wait 24 hours and use the medicine again.
- Change your clothing and bed sheets the next day and wash them thoroughly in hot water.
- Take a bath or shower 48 hours after the last application. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- Do not apply two doses at the same time.
Proper Eurax (Topical) Storage
Store Eurax (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Eurax (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Eurax (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Check with your doctor before using any other skin products.
Eurax (Topical) Warnings
- Ask your doctor before using crotamiton if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Eurax (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe skin rash with itching