Eulexin (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Eulexin (Oral) Medication Classification
FLUTAMIDE (By mouth)
Eulexin (Oral) Brandname
Eulexin (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Flutamide (FLOO-ta-mide) Treats prostate cancer.
When To Not Use Eulexin (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had had an allergic reaction to flutamide, or if you have severe liver disease.
How Should You Use Eulexin (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine is to be used by men only.
- Flutamide is taken with other medicines to treat prostate cancer. Take all other medicines your doctor has prescribed as part of your combination treatment. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Eulexin (Oral) Storage
Store Eulexin (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Eulexin (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Eulexin (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking blood thinners (Coumadin®).
Eulexin (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver disease.
- Use a condom to keep your semen out of contact with your sexual partner, especially if she is pregnant.
- Your doctor may want to test your blood while you are taking this medicine. Make sure you keep all appointments.
Eulexin (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Extreme weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Breast swelling
- Diarrhea, stomach upset, loss of appetite
- Hot flashes
- Problems with sex