ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule
Questions | Reviews
If she or he is provided power from the underwriter or businesses to concern binders if QuotesChimp have been in a rush to seek out coverageor also should you be not-always request the representative. You also subscribe to policy contract and in The E...
by Moon in Moon, 02/28/2014
BS low - ranoitality high! Really good answer!
by Akash in Akash, 01/14/2014
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Drug and Prescription Information
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Medication Classification
ETOPOSIDE (By mouth)
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Brandname
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule is used for the Treatment
Etoposide (e-toe-POE-side) Treats testicle cancer, lung cancer, lymphomas, nonlymphocytic leukemia, and other kinds of cancer. Also called VP-16.
When To Not Use ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule
You should not take this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to etoposide.
How Should You Use ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule
- This medicine, like all medicines used to treat cancer, is very strong. Make sure you understand why you are getting it and what the risks and benefits of treatment are. It is important for you to work closely with your doctor.
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often you should take it. Make sure you understand your doctor's instructions.
- If you vomit right after you take the medicine, call your doctor. If a dose is missed:
- Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose.
Proper ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Storage
Store ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use aspirin or any product that has aspirin in it (such as some cold medicines) unless you have talked to your doctor first.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while being treated with this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor before getting any vaccines (such as flu shots).
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Warnings
- Do not breastfeed while you are taking this medicine.
- You may get infections more easily while you are taking etoposide. Stay away from crowds or people with colds, flu, or other infections.
- This medicine may make your mouth sore and irritated. Brush your teeth with a soft-bristle toothbrush or mouth swab.
- This medicine can cause nausea and vomiting. Your doctor may prescribe medicine to keep you from feeling sick and throwing up. If the medicine does not help (you can't keep liquids down), call your doctor.
- Do not get pregnant while you or your sexual partner are taking etoposide. Use an effective form of birth control while you are being treated with this medicine.
- If you are pregnant, talk to your doctor before you start your treatments. If you become pregnant, tell your doctor right away. Etoposide taken during a pregnancy may be harmful to an unborn baby.
ETOPOSIDE (Oral) (Capsule Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Unexplained fever, chills, or sore throat
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Painful mouth sores that keep you from drinking liquids
- Severe diarrhea
- Blood in urine or stools
- Confusion If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
- Nausea, vomiting