Questions | Reviews
what age does a child not take this? my son is 7years old and he has been put on these pills. he dont have baby teeth any more. can this hrut him in anyway. I am his father and i think he is to old for this.
by robert, 02/24/2007
i would like to know if ethedent toothpaste contains sodium laurel sulphate.
by vicki malin in mays landing, nj, 05/10/2008
My 5 year son most recently switched to Ethedent. He has experienced acne-like skin changes on the front of upper body and his arms. He is etchy all the time. It appears to be one of the side effects of the Rx. What is the treatment? Thanks &nb...
by James in Thousand Oaks, CA, 04/21/2007
How much fluoride am I ingesting when I take one pill of Ethedent .25?
by Robert in Ventura, CA, 11/13/2006
OUr 2 year old takes Ethedent once per day (0.5 mg chew tabs). She got into the childproof bottle and was eating some, but I do not know how many. She had only gottrn into the bottle less than 1 minute before we discovered her. How many would she have...
by Andrew Arn in Hartford, WI, 09/23/2006
EtheDent (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
EtheDent (Oral) Medication Classification
SODIUM FLUORIDE (By mouth)
EtheDent (Oral) Brandname
Luride, Fluor-A-Day, EtheDent, Flura-Drops, Pediaflor, Fluorabon, Flura-Loz, Pharmaflur, Pharmaflur 1.1, Fluorinse, Prevident Dental Rinse, NeutraGard Plus, CaviRinse, Phos-Flur, Fluorigard
EtheDent (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Sodium Fluoride (soe-dee-um FLYOOR-ide) Helps develop healthy teeth and prevent cavities.
When To Not Use EtheDent (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fluoride.
How Should You Use EtheDent (Oral)
Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Chew or crush the chewable tablet before swallowing. Take this medicine at bedtime after brushing your teeth.
- To use the oral liquid, squeeze the right number of drops into the mouth using the dropper. Or you can mix the medicine with juice or food (but not dairy foods such as ice cream or yogurt). If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper EtheDent (Oral) Storage
Store EtheDent (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep EtheDent (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using EtheDent (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use calcium pills or foods rich in calcium (like milk, cheese, or yogurt) within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this medicine.
EtheDent (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Too much fluoride can cause white patches or yellow or brown spots on the teeth. If this happens, stop using the medicine and call your doctor.
- You should not use this medicine more often or in larger amounts than your doctor ordered.
EtheDent (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash
- Sores on mouth or lips
- Painful or aching bones
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools or bloody vomit If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Acne-like skin changes
- Stomach cramps, nausea, or vomiting