ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
Conformity with QuotesChimp legislation. The Majority Of states permit insurers to won't revive for almost any rationale. Some, but avoid non-renewal according to age, sex, competition, or vocation. That Is about it. Oh, some states need you to be inf...
by Millicent in Millicent, 02/28/2014
Boom shaaklaka boom boom, problem solved.
by Caroline in Caroline, 01/15/2014
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet)
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (By mouth)
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Enalapril (e-NAL-a-pril), Felodipine (fe-LOE-di-peen) Treats high blood pressure. This medicine is a combination of an ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor and a calcium channel blocker.
When To Not Use ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to enalapril (Vaseretic®, Vasotec®) or to any other ACE inhibitors (such as Accupril®, Lotensin®, Lotrel®, Prinivil®, Vasotec®, Zestril®). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have certain heart problems. Talk with your doctor about what these heart problems are.
How Should You Use ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush, break or chew it.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using cimetidine (Tagamet®), digoxin (Lanoxin®), diuretics or "water pills" (such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, Aldactone®, Dyazide®, Hyzaar®, Lasix®, Maxzide®, Moduretic®), potassium supplements, salt substitutes, antibiotics (such as erythromycin, Biaxin®), pain or arthritis medicine (such as aspirin, diclofenac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, Advil®, Aleve®, Daypro®, Motrin®, Orudis®, Relafen®, Voltaren®), medicine to treat fungal infections (such as fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, Diflucan®, Nizoral®, Sporanox®), or medicine for seizures (such as Depakote®, Dilantin®, Luminal®, Tegretol®).
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you are using this medicine.
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to a medicine.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. You may need to stop using this medicine several days before having surgery.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
ENALAPRIL/FELODIPINE (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Chest pain (may be related to your disease and not a side effect)
- Confusion, weakness, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, numbness or tingling in hands, feet, or lips
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Slow, fast, or irregular heartbeat
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Unexplained fever, chills, or sore throat
- Yellow skin or eyes, dark-colored urine or pale stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Back or muscle pain
- Cough or dry throat
- Mild swelling of your gums