DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Drug and Prescription Information
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Medication Classification
DRONABINOL (By mouth)
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Brandname
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule is used for the Treatment
Dronabinol (droe-NAB-i-nol) Treats or prevents nausea and vomiting caused by cancer medicines, when other medicines do not work. Also used to increase the appetite of people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
When To Not Use DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule
You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have ever had an allergic reaction to dronabinol (tetrahydrocannabinol), marijuana products, or sesame oil.
How Should You Use DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule
Liquid Filled Capsule, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Storage
Store DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking any other medicine that causes drowsiness such as antihistamines, narcotic pain medicines, sedatives, tranquilizers, muscle relaxants, medicine for seizures, or tricyclic antidepressants such as Elavil®, Tofranil®, or Sinequan®.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking if you have heart or liver disease, high blood pressure, seizures, depression, schizophrenia, or drug or alcohol abuse problems.
- Talk with your doctor before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Dronabinol may cause psychological dependence if used for longer periods or in larger amounts than ordered by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking dronabinol before having any kind of surgery.
- This medicine can give you a sense of well-being (make you "high") or make you dizzy or drowsy. Make sure you know how you react to this medicine before you drive, use machines, or do anything else that could be dangerous. Avoid these activities if you are dizzy or not alert and clear-headed.
- Standing-up slowly from a sitting or lying position can lessen the chance of getting dizzy.
DRONABINOL (Oral) (Capsule Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Hallucinations, depression, or changes in mood
- Irregular heartbeat If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in sense of taste, smell, sound, or touch
- Confusion or forgetfulness
- Constipation or trouble urinating
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Dry mouth or slurred speech
- Headache, anxiety, or nervousness
- Loss of coordination or weakness
- Red eyes or vision changes