Drituss G (Oral)
Drituss G (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Drituss G (Oral)
Drituss G (Oral) Medication Classification
GUAIFENESIN (By mouth)
Drituss G (Oral) Brandname
Guaifenex LA, Guaifenex G, Amibid LA, Robitussin, Mucinex, Bidex 400, Allfen JR, Liquibid, Organidin NR, Organ-1 NR, GG-200 NR, Iofen, Hytuss, Hytuss 2x, Iofen-NF
Drituss G (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Guaifenesin (gwye-FEN-e-sin) Treats cough due to colds, the flu, or other conditions. Guaifenesin is an expectorant that loosens mucus in your lungs.
When To Not Use Drituss G (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to guaifenesin.
How Should You Use Drituss G (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, Long Acting Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. Drink a full glass of water after each dose; drink plenty of fluids during the day. May be taken with or without food.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet or capsule. Swallow whole with a full glass of water.
- Swallow the sprinkle capsule whole, or open the capsule and mix the medicine beads with soft food (applesauce or pudding). Swallow the mixture whole; do not chew. If a dose is missed:
- May be taken as soon as possible; however, missing one dose is usually not a problem.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Drituss G (Oral) Storage
Store Drituss G (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Drituss G (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Drituss G (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Drituss G (Oral) Warnings
- Some guaifenesin syrups contain alcohol.
- If you have asthma, emphysema, or a chronic cough from smoking, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Drituss G (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain