Questions | Reviews
Quotes Chimp now come to the subject of rates. We have already learned that a premium is the amount we pay for insurance. That is a good general definition. But how is the premium determined? By magic? No. By the number of units of insurance purchased...
by Rumor in Rumor, 03/06/2014
I'm an emetophobe too, but much more relxaed and functional than I used to be. So I'm really sympathetic, and want to encourage you not to worry!First of all, I'd bet that you don't even have the virus that the boys had, if it was a virus at all. Ther...
by Emmett in Emmett, 01/12/2014
i NEED TO KNOW IF dRAMAMINE IS GLUTEN FREE
by Sandi in USA, 02/01/2008
Dramamine (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Dramamine (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTIHISTAMINE (By mouth)
Dramamine (Oral) Brandname
Clarinex, Claritin, Dramamine, Triptone, Driminate, Motion Sickness, Alavert, Allergy Relief, Leader Allergy Relief, Claritin Reditabs, The Medicine Shoppe Allergy Relief, The Medicine Shoppe Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Clarinex Reditabs
Dramamine (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats hay fever and other allergies, motion sickness, nausea and vomiting, or other medical conditions.
When To Not Use Dramamine (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an unusual or allergic reaction to Chlor-Trimeton®, Dimetane®, Polaramine®, Actifed®, Tavist® or other antihistamines. You should not use this medicine if you have taken Furoxone®, Marplan®, Eutonyl®, Nardil®, or Matulane® within the last 2 weeks.
How Should You Use Dramamine (Oral)
Liquid, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Dissolving Tablet, Fizzy Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Long Acting Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- You may take this medicine with food to lessen stomach upset.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet, extended-release capsule, or liquid-filled capsule whole. Do not crush, chew, or break it.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it.
- If you are using the disintegrating tablet, make sure your hands are dry before you handle the tablet. Do not open the blister pack that contains the tablet until you are ready to take it. Remove the tablet from the blister pack by peeling back the foil, then taking the tablet out. Do not push the tablet through the foil. Place the tablet in your mouth. It should melt quickly. After the tablet has melted, swallow or take a drink of water.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the medicine before using it. If a dose is missed:
- May be taken as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Dramamine (Oral) Storage
Store Dramamine (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Dramamine (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Dramamine (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Avoid taking this medicine with other antihistamines.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking any medicine that makes you sleepy, such as sedatives, narcotic pain killers, or antidepressants while you are receiving this medicine.
Dramamine (Oral) Warnings
- Ask your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have glaucoma or trouble urinating.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine. This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Side effects of this medicine may occur more frequently in young children and older adults.
- Some antihistamine syrups contain alcohol.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness. If it does, avoid driving a car or using machinery.
- This medicine may cause a skin rash when you are out in the sun. Use a sunscreen when you are outside, and try not to spend long periods in direct sunlight.
Dramamine (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe drowsiness, clumsiness, or confusion
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Upset stomach
- Reduced appetite
- Irritability or excitement
- Changes in vision, such as trouble focusing