DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral)
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral)
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Medication Classification
LAXATIVE, STIMULANT COMBINATION (By mouth)
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Brandname
Senokot S, Perdiem, Femintrol, Fleet Sof-Lax Overnight, DR. Edward's Olive Laxative, Dok Plus, Doc Q Lax, SennaLax-S, Peri-Colace, Doculax Plus, Laxa-Basic Plus, Docusil Plus, Doxidan, Diosuccin C
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats constipation by helping you have a bowel movement.
When To Not Use DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to senna, sennosides, docusate, casanthranol, or psyllium. Some brand names for these medicines are Correctol® stool softener, Ex-Lax®, Colace®, or Metamucil®. Make sure your doctor knows if you are allergic to any other laxative medicines.
How Should You Use DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral)
Tablet, Liquid Filled Capsule, Liquid, Granule, Powder for Suspension
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you have had a sudden change in your bowel movements in the past two weeks, ask your doctor before using this medicine.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Drink a full glass of water when you take this medicine. One full glass of water is about 8 ounces or 1 cup. Drinking 6 to 8 full glasses of water every day will help keep your bowel movements soft.
- You might need to mix the granules or powder with water before you take each dose. Drink this mixture right away. Do not swallow the granules or powder dry unless the directions say you can.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Use this medicine at bedtime, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Storage
Store DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using mineral oil.
- Some laxatives need to be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after other medicines. If you need to take any other medicine, ask your health caregiver if you need to follow a special schedule.
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not use this medicine if you have stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting, unless your health caregiver tells you to use it.
- If you do not have a bowel movement after using this medicine, talk to your doctor. Most people will have a bowel movement within 6 to 12 hours after using this laxative.
- You should not use this laxative for more than 1 week unless your doctor says it is okay. Laxatives may be habit-forming and can harm your bowels if you use them too long.
DR. Edward's Olive Laxative (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bleeding from your rectum.
- Skin rash.
- Urine turns a different color. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, cramps, nausea, burping.