Questions | Reviews
Is there any problems with using Dostinex (for hyperprolactinema secondary to a pituitary tumor) and Effexor XR or other SSRI"s?
by Linda in ac, nj, 07/17/2006
I am takeing a terapy supscribed by my doctor,I have a high level of prolactine and she supscribed this pills to me and i am takeing them twice a week.I just need to know will I gain weight from them??are they pills who blow you?
by Unknown, 05/09/2006
Customer and change activism will be discussed by QuotesChimp in Section 1 3. But first, let us check out just how automobile insurance is listed. Subsequently we will take care of your skill to hold your car insurance premiums as sensible as you poss...
by Rosie in Rosie, 03/06/2014
Amen Brother!! I have been so caught up in trinyg to get the word out to the masses that I have forgotten that the masses begin within 3 ft of me. You can't reach the masses without first letting those around you catch your conviction and emotion.Than...
by Marianna in Marianna, 01/13/2014
Dostinex (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Dostinex (Oral) Medication Classification
CABERGOLINE (By mouth)
Dostinex (Oral) Brandname
Dostinex (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Cabergoline Lowers high levels of prolactin (a hormone) in your blood.
When To Not Use Dostinex (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to cabergoline or ergot medicines (such as Cafergot® or Wigraine®), or if you have high blood pressure that is not under control.
How Should You Use Dostinex (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Dostinex (Oral) Storage
Store Dostinex (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Dostinex (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Dostinex (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using metoclopramide (Reglan®), haloperidol (Haldol®), chlorprothixene (Taractan®), thiothixene (Navane®), or a phenothiazine (such as Compazine®, Phenergan®, Serentil®, Thorazine®).
- Tell your doctor if you are using any other medicine that could lower your blood pressure, such as diuretics or "water pills."
Dostinex (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you think you might be pregnant at any time while you are using this medicine. If you are pregnant, make sure your doctor knows if you also have high blood pressure.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Dostinex (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Lightheadedness or fainting If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, stomach pain
- Weakness, tiredness