Questions | Reviews
When an insurance QuotesChimp investigates a case, it sometimes really investigates. Often, this includes reviewing your past med�ical records and other relevant material. You may be asked to sign authorizations for the company to obtain such docume...
by Rena in Rena, 03/06/2014
sorry Ange you really have had an unabmfortcole allergy time .. I love you!But keep up the fitness programme you will never be sorry. I know what I am talking about I am old and unbendable aqlready
by Lena in Lena, 01/12/2014
Donnatal (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Donnatal (Oral) Medication Classification
HYOSCYAMINE/ATROPINE/SCOPOLAMINE/PHENOBARBITAL (By mouth)
Donnatal (Oral) Brandname
Donnatal, Donnatal Extentabs, Haponal, Hyonatol, Antispas
Donnatal (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Atropine (A-troe-peen), Hyoscyamine (hye-oh-SYE-a-meen), Phenobarbital (fee-noe-BAR-bi-tal), Scopolamine (scoe-POL-a-meen) Treats irritable bowel syndrome (relieves spasms and cramping) and ulcers.
When To Not Use Donnatal (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had any allergic reaction to atropine, hyoscyamine, scopolamine, or phenobarbital.
How Should You Use Donnatal (Oral)
Liquid, Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine 30 to 60 minutes before meals unless your doctor tells you differently.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Swallow thetablet whole. Do not chew, crush, or break. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Donnatal (Oral) Storage
Store Donnatal (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Donnatal (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Donnatal (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Wait 2 to 3 hours after your dose of this medicine before taking antacids (such as Maalox® or Mylanta®) or medicine to stop diarrhea.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking blood thinners (Coumadin®), ketoconazole (Nizoral®), MAO inhibitors (such as Nardil® or Parnate®) or any medicines that could make you sleepy such as sleeping pills, cold or allergy medicine, antidepressants, tranquilizers, or strong pain killers.
Donnatal (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have liver or kidney disease, glaucoma, enlarged prostate or trouble urinating, intestinal problems, or any other medical problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine may make you sweat less and cause your body to get too hot. Be careful in hot weather, especially if you are exercising, working, or using a sauna or whirlpool.
- You should not use this medicine more often or in larger doses than ordered by your doctor.
- This medicine may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Be careful if you are driving a car or using machinery.
- Your eyes may become more sensitive to bright light because of this medicine. If this is a problem, you may want to wear sunglasses.
Donnatal (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Sore throat or fever
- Skin rash or hives
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble urinating or unable to urinate
- Slurred speech or confusion
- Eye pain If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Dry throat, mouth, nose, or skin
- Blurred vision