Questions | Reviews
I AM TRYING TO FIND SOME DONNAGEL TO HELP PUPPIES WITH PARVO. I HAVE USED IT IN THE PAST FOR THIS PURPOSE AND IT WORKED BEAUTIFULY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY IT . THANKYOU, DEBBI SPEARS
by debbi in harrison ar. united states, 05/16/2006
Please let me know if this product is good for upset stomach, or acid reflex. Thank You Sharon Smith Missouri
by sharon smith in festus, Mo, 06/22/2007
is donnagel used for colic in children?Years ago my doctor told me to give to my babies when they had colic.If not could you tell me what I can give my grandchild to relieve her colic symptoms. Thank you JOAnn wilson
by JoAnn Wilson in usa, 11/13/2006
Is there still a donnagel product formulated with attapulgite? Apperently, Kaopectate no longer contains, attapulgite. The brand I recommended in the past and used personally. Is there any information on donnagel products and what they contain? thanks...
by Dr. Rachi Pichon in placentia, ca., 02/13/2006
Donnagel (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Donnagel (Oral) Medication Classification
ATTAPULGITE (By mouth)
Donnagel (Oral) Brandname
Kaopectate, Kaopectate Children's Liquid, Diarrest, Di-Gon II, Donnagel, Kaopek, Kaopectate Advanced Formula, Diasorb, QC Anti Diarrheal
Donnagel (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Attapulgite (a-ta-PULL-gite) Treats diarrhea.
When To Not Use Donnagel (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to attapulgite. You should not use attapulgite if you have lost a lot of body fluids (dehydration) or if there is blood in your stools.
How Should You Use Donnagel (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Always follow dosing instructions on the medicine label when taking this medicine without the advice of your doctor.
- In most cases, you will take one dose after each bowel movement. Drink plenty of caffeine-free clear liquids such as ginger ale, herb tea, water, gelatin, or broth.
- Swallow the tablet whole.
- Chew the chewable tablet well and swallow.
- Shake the oral liquid well before each use. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Donnagel (Oral) Storage
Store Donnagel (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Donnagel (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Donnagel (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Attapulgite should not be taken at the same time as other medicines; take at least 2 hours before or after other medicines
Donnagel (Oral) Warnings
- Call your doctor if you are still having diarrhea after taking this medicine for 2 days, or if you develop a high fever.
- You may have severe constipation if you take attapulgite for a long period of time or in large doses.
Donnagel (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Constipation If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor: