DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet)
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet)
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
DONEPEZIL (By mouth)
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Donepezil (doh-NEP-e-zil) Treats symptoms of Alzheimer's disease such as confusion or memory loss.
When To Not Use DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to donepezil.
How Should You Use DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine every evening at bedtime, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- You may take the medicine with or without food. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using dicyclomine (Bentyl®), hyoscyamine (Cystospaz®), scopolamine (Transderm-Scop®), Donnatal®, tolterodine (Detrol®), orphenadrine (Norflex®), oxybutynin (Ditropan®), Librax®, or Cogentin®.
- Taking donepezil with aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil®), or arthritis medicine (such as Naprosyn®, Indocin®, or Feldene®) may increase the risk of developing stomach ulcers.
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have an irregular heartbeat, stomach ulcers, urination problems, seizures, or asthma or other problems with your breathing.
- Before having any type of surgery, including dental surgery, tell your doctor or dentist that you are taking donepezil.
DONEPEZIL (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Severe stomach pain
- Trouble urinating or painful urination
- Vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling tired or dizzy
- Mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Muscle cramps
- Poor appetite, weight loss
- Trouble sleeping