Dolobid (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Dolobid (Oral) Medication Classification
DIFLUNISAL (By mouth)
Dolobid (Oral) Brandname
Dolobid (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Diflunisal (dye-FLOO-ni-sal) Treats pain caused by arthritis.Belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
When To Not Use Dolobid (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to diflunisal, aspirin, or other pain and arthritis medicines such as Motrin®, Naprosyn® or Aleve®, Tolectin®, or Clinoril®. The reaction may have included wheezing or trouble breathing, hives, rash, or swelling in the face.
How Should You Use Dolobid (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Swallow tablets whole with a full glass of water.
- You may take the medicine with food or milk so it does not upset your stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Dolobid (Oral) Storage
Store Dolobid (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Dolobid (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Dolobid (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use this medicine with aspirin or products that contain aspirin, naproxen (Aleve®), or ibuprofen (Advil® or Motrin®) .
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking Coumadin®, HydroDIURIL®, Esidrix®, or acetaminophen (Tylenol®).
Dolobid (Oral) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, blood disorders, ulcers or other stomach problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Ulcers and stomach bleeding are sometimes caused by this type of medicine. These problems can happen without warning signs. You may need to see your doctor for regular check-ups while taking this medicine.
Dolobid (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe rash, hives, or itching
- Rapid swelling of face or around eyes
- Chest tightness, wheezing or trouble breathing
- Severe stomach pain
- Bloody or black stools, bloody vomit
- Fever of unknown cause, unusual bruising
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Decreased amount of urine If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stomach cramps or discomfort, nausea
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Bloated feeling
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Increased sensitivity of skin to sunlight
- Swelling of feet or legs or weight gain
- Ringing in ears