Docusoft S (Oral)
Docusoft S (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Docusoft S (Oral)
Docusoft S (Oral) Medication Classification
LAXATIVE, STOOL SOFTENERS (By mouth)
Docusoft S (Oral) Brandname
Surfak Stool Softener, Fleet Sof-Lax, EX-Lax Stool Softener, Femintrol, Doc-Q-Lace, Docu-Syrup, Silace, Diosuccin C, Diocto, Docu-Liquid, Colace, Sur-Q-Lax, Docusate Calcium, Docucal, Sulfolax
Docusoft S (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats constipation by helping you have a bowel movement.
When To Not Use Docusoft S (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have severe stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting. Stool softeners should not be used if you have severe stomach pain and do not know the cause.
How Should You Use Docusoft S (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Liquid, Liquid Filled Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily while using any laxative.
- To make the oral liquid taste better, you may mix it with one-half glass of milk or fruit juice.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, medicine cup, or medicine dropper. If a dose is missed:
- Use the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If you do not remember the missed dose until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Docusoft S (Oral) Storage
Store Docusoft S (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Docusoft S (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Docusoft S (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use mineral oil while you are using a stool softener.
- You should not use a stool softener within 2 hours before or after taking any other medicines. Laxatives can keep other medicines from working correctly.
Docusoft S (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Do not give laxatives to children under 6 years old unless you talk to your doctor.
- You should not use this laxative for longer than 1 week unless approved by your doctor. Laxatives may be habit-forming and can harm your bowels if you use them too long.
- Stool softeners usually work in 1 to 2 days, but for some people, results can take as long as 3 to 5 days.
Docusoft S (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Sore throat
- Skin rash