CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Drug and Prescription Information
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Medication Classification
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Brandname
Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex-7, 3 Day Vaginal Cream, Gyne-Lotrimin 3
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream is used for the Treatment
Clotrimazole (kloe-TRIM-a-zole) Treats vaginal yeast infections. Belongs to a class of drugs called antifungals.
When To Not Use CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to clotrimazole or other antifungals, such as Mycelex®, Monistat®, Micatin®, Spectazole®, Terazol®, or Femstat®.
How Should You Use CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often. Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Wear only clean cotton underwear (panties) instead of nylon or rayon underwear. The medicine will come out of your vagina, so wear a minipad or sanitary napkin to protect your clothing. Keep using this medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to. Continue to use it even if your menstrual period begins. Use pads rather than tampons.
- This medicine is to be used only in the vagina. Use at bedtime unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- The medicine is a cream that is in a tube. You will use an applicator to put the cream into your vagina.
- The applicator is an empty plastic tube called a barrel. There is a plunger on one end and an opening on the other end.
- Remove the cap from the end of the tube.
- Screw the open end of the applicator onto the tube of cream. Pull the plunger out all the way and squeeze the tube until the applicator is full. Unscrew the applicator from the tube and replace the cap on the tube.
- If you are using the vaginal tablet, unwrap the tablet and place it in the applicator with the pointed side up. You may wet the tablet with warm water or a water soluble lubricating gel (K-Y® Jelly). You should not use petroleum jelly (Vaseline®).
- Gently push the applicator high into the vagina and push the plunger all the way in.
- After using, pull the plunger completely out of the applicator and wash both pieces with warm, soapy water. Never use hot or boiling water. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Storage
Store CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid using douches or other vaginal products unless your doctor tells you to.
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Warnings
- If you are pregnant, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Avoid using tampons while using clotrimazole.
- Wear freshly washed cotton underwear while using this medicine.
- Do not stop using clotrimazole unless your doctor tells you to. If you stop using the medicine too soon, your infection may return.
- Call your doctor right away if your symptoms do not go away after using this medicine for the full time ordered by your doctor.
CLOTRIMAZOLE (Vaginal) (Cream Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Vaginal itching or burning
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Stomach discomfort
- Skin rash