CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
Hello, I was curious about Clonazepam prescription medication and the average life span of the medication in your body. I know most drugs have a short or average span of 24-48 hours, but some last longer within your system. Can someone please let me k...
by a swann in cullman ala., 11/29/2005
How long does the drug Clonazepam Oral stay in your system after taking it for some time?
by Mrs. M. in Overland Park, Kansas, 10/01/2006
While taking Clonazepam, I received a Flu shot(FLUVIRIN). Within 10 days, I began with dermatitis which worsens every day. Could the Fluvirin be the cause?? thank you.
by Rosemarie Bailey in Delaware, USA, 01/19/2007
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
CLONAZEPAM (By mouth)
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
Klonopin, Klonopin Wafers
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Clonazepam (kloe-NA-ze-pam) Treats seizures, panic disorder, and anxiety. This medicine is a benzodiazepine.
When To Not Use CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clonazepam or to similar medicines (such as Valium®). You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant, or if you have severe liver disease, narrow-angle glaucoma, or untreated open-angle glaucoma.
How Should You Use CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
Tablet, Dissolving Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- To use the disintegrating tablet (dissolving tablet):
- Make sure your hands are dry before you touch the tablet.
- Open the pouch, then peel the foil from the back of the blister package. Take the tablet out. Do not push the tablet through the foil.
- Put the tablet in your mouth. The tablet should melt quickly. If you want to, you can drink some water after the tablet melts. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using theophylline, or medicine to treat fungal infections (such as fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, Diflucan®, Nizoral®, Sporanox®).
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, or sedatives).
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breastfeeding, or if you have glaucoma, breathing problems, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- Tell your doctor if you have been addicted to alcohol or other drugs, or if you have a history of depression or mental illness.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. If you feel that the medicine is not working as well, do not take more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor for instructions.
- Taking too much of this medicine can cause death. Symptoms of an overdose include: Severe confusion, problems with memory or balance, shortness of breath, slow heartbeat, seizures, severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased sweating, and cold, clammy skin.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
CLONAZEPAM (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Severe confusion, drowsiness, or muscle weakness
- Unusual behavior or thoughts of hurting yourself
- Unusual movements of the eye
- Worsening seizures If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Blurred vision, headache
- Drooling or dry mouth
- Hangover feeling
- Mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation
- Trouble concentrating