CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Drug and Prescription Information
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Medication Classification
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Brandname
Cleocin Vaginal, Cleocin Vaginal Ovules
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream is used for the Treatment
Clindamycin (klin-da-MYE-sin) Treats vaginal infections caused by bacteria. This medicine is an antibiotic.
When To Not Use CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clindamycin or lincomycin, or if you have a history of colitis, including colitis caused by antibiotics.
How Should You Use CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- This medicine is to be used only in the vagina. Use at bedtime unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Do not get this medicine in your eyes. If this does happen, rinse your eyes with large amounts of cool water. Call your doctor if eye burning or redness does not go away.
- Keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms improve after the first few doses. Do not stop using the medicine if your menstrual period begins during your treatment time. Use sanitary pads rather than tampons.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Storage
Store CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid using douches or other vaginal products unless your doctor tells you to.
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not have sex while you are being treated with this medicine. Do not use a condom or diaphragm for birth control for 72 hours (3 days) after you stop using clindamycin. This medicine may weaken rubber or latex, causing a condom or diaphragm to break.
- This medicine may leak out of your vagina during the day. You may wear a sanitary pad to protect your clothing, but do not use a tampon.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine.
CLINDAMYCIN (Vaginal) (Cream Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Severe diarrhea, bloody or black tarry stools (may happen after you stop using this medicine) If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Increased vaginal itching, burning, or discharge