CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule
Questions | Reviews
my daughter is 9 years old 95lbs.She was given this medicine for infection in the throat well, an absess that was drained out. My question is if the dose she was given is to high for her? Her dose is 3 capsules by mouth every 8 hours for ten days of 1...
by edith in texas, 04/16/2006
I will be taking 4 150 mgm Clindamycin capsules one hour prior to a dental appointment. Four months ago I had bilateral total knee replacements and this medication was ordered to prevent any infection from a routine teeth cleaning appointment. Since I...
by Marilyn in Indianapolis, Indiana USA, 08/06/2006
I started clindamycin on Dec 27th for a tooth infection. I stopped taking it Jan 5th. While taking it, had a couple of incidents of diarrhea, then it stopped. Otherwise, I felt fine. On Jan 12, I developed abodominal cramping and very frequent diarrhe...
by Janette Baillie in Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada, 01/20/2006
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Drug and Prescription Information
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Medication Classification
CLINDAMYCIN (By mouth)
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Brandname
Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin HCl
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule is used for the Treatment
Clindamycin (klin-da-MYE-sin) Treats infections. This medicine is an antibiotic.
When To Not Use CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to clindamycin or lincomycin (Lincocin®).
How Should You Use CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine with a large glass of water or with a meal.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Storage
Store CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using erythromycin (Erythro-Tab®).
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease, kidney disease, or stomach or intestinal problems such as colitis.
- If you have severe diarrhea, ask your doctor before taking any medicine to stop the diarrhea.
CLINDAMYCIN (Oral) (Capsule Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Change in how much or how often you urinate
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Fever and sore throat
- Severe or bloody diarrhea
- Severe stomach pain
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea and vomiting, mild stomach pain
- Vaginal itching or discharge