ClindaMax is used to treat bacteria infections within the vagina. ClindaMax works by slowing or stopping the growth of bacteria. Vaginal clindamycin cannot be used to treat vaginal irritation caused by yeast infections or by sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia and trichomoniasis. ClindaMax comes as a suppository to place in the vagina and a cream to apply to the inside of the vagina. The vaginal suppositories are usually used once a day, preferably at bedtime, for 3 days in a row. Most brands of the vaginal cream are used once a day, preferably at bedtime, for 3 days in a row or for 7 days in a row.
Questions | Reviews
I am now using this vaginally prescribed by my doctor for extreme vaginal discharge and am wanting to know what the percentage is of this working? I would like more information on this being used to cure vaginal discharge
by J in Davenport, IA, 02/17/2007
Can Clindamax cream be used for a sore inside the nostril?
by Joan in Norwalk, CT, 09/15/2006
dose clindamax couse shortness of breath Because on my pap test day my doctor said I have an infection which she gave me clindamax and the first time I used it the next morning I couldn't breath very well so I don't know if that coused it
by Maral, 07/06/2006
ClindaMax (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
ClindaMax (Topical) Medication Classification
CLINDAMYCIN (On the skin)
ClindaMax (Topical) Brandname
Cleocin T, Clindagel, ClindaMax, Clinda-Derm, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5, Clindets
ClindaMax (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Clindamycin (klin-da-MYE-sin) Treats acne and skin infections.Belongs to a class of drugs called antibiotics.
When To Not Use ClindaMax (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to Cleocin® or Lincocin® or if you have had an intestinal or stomach disease.
How Should You Use ClindaMax (Topical)
Pad, Lotion, Liquid, Gel/Jelly
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often.
- Use this medicine only on your skin.
- Shake the liquid well before use.
- Wash and dry skin before using your medicine.
- Put the medicine on your skin in a thin layer.
- Continue using medicine for as long as your doctor tells you. If a dose is missed:
- Use the medicine as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not put on two doses at the same time.
Proper ClindaMax (Topical) Storage
Store ClindaMax (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep ClindaMax (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using ClindaMax (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- If your doctor has prescribed other medicines to be used on your skin, use them at a different time than clindamycin.
- Some cosmetics or make-ups may cause your acne to get worse. They may also cause clindamycin to irritate your skin. Use water-based cosmetics.
ClindaMax (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
ClindaMax (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Hives or rash
- Swelling of the face, throat, or lips
- Severe diarrhea (watery or bloody) If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dryness or peeling of skin
- Irritation or burning of skin