Clinacort (Injection) Drug and Prescription Information
Clinacort (Injection) Medication Classification
Clinacort (Injection) Brandname
Kenalog-10, Kenalog-40, Triam-Forte, Triamcot, Aristocort Forte, Clinacort, Aristocort, Aristospan
Clinacort (Injection) is used for the Treatment
Triamcinolone (trye-am-SIN-oh-lone) Treats inflammation, certain types of arthritis, and many other medical problems. Belongs to a class of drugs called corticosteroids.
When To Not Use Clinacort (Injection)
D o not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to triamcinolone. You should not use triamcinolone if you have a fungal infection.
How Should You Use Clinacort (Injection)
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given.
- This medicine may be given into the buttocks, upper arm, thigh, or other large muscle. This is called an IM, or intramuscular (in-tra-MUSS-cue-lar) injection.
- This medicine may be given into a joint such as a knee or shoulder. This is called an intraarticular (in-tra-are-TIC-you-lar) injection. If a dose is missed:
- This medicine needs to be given on a regular schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor for instructions.
Proper Clinacort (Injection) Storage
Store Clinacort (Injection) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Clinacort (Injection) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Clinacort (Injection)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking insulin, diuretics (water pills), phenobarbital, phenytoin (Dilantin®), rifampin, Coumadin®, or estrogen.
- Talk to your doctor before getting any vaccines (such as flu shots).
Clinacort (Injection) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Before using triamcinolone, let your doctor know if you have liver or thyroid problems, diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma, or herpes simplex that affects your eyes.
- Avoid getting this medicine in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on your skin.
- It may be easier for you to get an infection while you are receiving triamcinolone. Avoid crowded places or being near people who are sick.
- If you are exposed to chickenpox or measles, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are taking triamcinolone.
Clinacort (Injection) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Black or tarry stools
- Muscle weakness or cramps
- Unexplained fever, sore throat If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Fluid retention, weight gain
- Restlessness, anxiety, mood changes
- Redness of the face
- Easy bruising, small purple spots on your skin
- Thinning skin, acne
- Increased hair growth
- Irregular menstrual periods