Cleocin HCl (Oral)
Cleocin HCl (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Cleocin HCl (Oral)
Cleocin HCl (Oral) Medication Classification
CLINDAMYCIN (By mouth)
Cleocin HCl (Oral) Brandname
Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin HCl
Cleocin HCl (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Clindamycin (klin-da-MYE-sin) Treats infections. This medicine is an antibiotic.
When To Not Use Cleocin HCl (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to clindamycin or lincomycin (Lincocin®).
How Should You Use Cleocin HCl (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medicine with a large glass of water or with a meal.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Cleocin HCl (Oral) Storage
Store Cleocin HCl (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Cleocin HCl (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Cleocin HCl (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using erythromycin (Erythro-Tab®).
Cleocin HCl (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease, kidney disease, or stomach or intestinal problems such as colitis.
- If you have severe diarrhea, ask your doctor before taking any medicine to stop the diarrhea.
Cleocin HCl (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Change in how much or how often you urinate
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Fever and sore throat
- Severe or bloody diarrhea
- Severe stomach pain
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea and vomiting, mild stomach pain
- Vaginal itching or discharge