Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic)
Questions | Reviews
Hello, I have being using clear eyes for years now. I use it everyday. Once I wake up my eyes are red and very dry so I have to use it. Is this because I have been using it for 5 years now? Is there any side effects to using this product everyday? I n...
by Priscilla in Boston,Mass, 01/11/2006
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Drug and Prescription Information
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic)
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Medication Classification
NAPHAZOLINE (Into the eye)
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Brandname
AK-Con, Albalon, Allersol, Ocu-Zoline, Vasoclear, Clear Eyes, Naphcon
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) is used for the Treatment
Naphazoline (naf-AZ-oh-leen) Treats eye irritation caused by colds, contact lenses, and smog or pollen.
When To Not Use Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to naphazoline, or if you have narrow-angle glaucoma.
How Should You Use Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Storage
Store Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking an MAO inhibitor medicine such as Parnate® or Nardil®.
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other medical problems.
- It is best not to wear contact lenses while using this medicine.
Clear Eyes (Ophthalmic) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Eye pain or changes in vision
- Continued redness and irritation or large pupils
- Weakness or headache If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Watery eyes
- Eye irritation or burning when the drops are put in