Questions | Reviews
I recently went to my doctor due to having hives and I could feel them in my ears, and starting in my throat. My doctor gave me clarinex to take for this. I was told that I had an allergic reaction to something, but donít know what. I know that I am a...
by kim in PA, 01/21/2006
Clarinex (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Clarinex (Oral) Medication Classification
DESLORATADINE (By mouth)
Clarinex (Oral) Brandname
Clarinex, Clarinex Reditabs
Clarinex (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Desloratadine (des-lor-AT-a-deen) Treats or prevents hay fever symptoms and other types of allergies. This medicine is an antihistamine.
When To Not Use Clarinex (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to desloratadine or to loratadine (Claritin®).
How Should You Use Clarinex (Oral)
Tablet, Dissolving Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- If you are using the disintegrating tablet, make sure your hands are dry before you handle the tablet. Do not open the blister pack that contains the tablet until you are ready to take it. Remove the tablet from the blister pack by peeling back the foil, then taking the tablet out. Do not push the tablet through the foil. Place the tablet in your mouth. It should melt quickly. After the tablet has melted, swallow or take a drink of water. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Clarinex (Oral) Storage
Store Clarinex (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Clarinex (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Clarinex (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Clarinex (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease or kidney disease.
Clarinex (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose
- Drowsiness, dizziness, or nervousness
- Dry mouth or throat
- Muscle pain