Casodex (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Casodex (Oral) Medication Classification
BICALUTAMIDE (By mouth)
Casodex (Oral) Brandname
Casodex (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Bicalutamide (bye-ka-LOO-ta-mide) Treats prostate cancer.
When To Not Use Casodex (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to bicalutamide. This medicine should not be used by women for any reason.
How Should You Use Casodex (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Bicalutamide is usually given together with another medicine to treat prostate cancer.
- You may take this medicine with or without food. It is best to take the medicine at the same time every day.
- Never share your medicine with anyone If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Casodex (Oral) Storage
Store Casodex (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Casodex (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Casodex (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin®).
Casodex (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver disease.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor.
- If you plan to have children, talk with your doctor before using this medicine. This medicine may cause some men to become infertile (unable to have children), at least temporarily.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood or urine at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Casodex (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Trouble breathing
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Breast pain, swelling, or tenderness
- Constipation, nausea, diarrhea
- Hot flashes (warmth, sweating, facial flushing)
- Impotence (trouble having sex, loss of interest in sex)
- Mild pain
- Unusual tiredness or weakness