Carnitor (Injection) Drug and Prescription Information
Carnitor (Injection) Medication Classification
Carnitor (Injection) Brandname
Carnitor (Injection) is used for the Treatment
Levocarnitine (lee-voe-KAR-ni-teen) Treats carnitine deficiency.
When To Not Use Carnitor (Injection)
This medicine restores the level of carnitine, a substance naturally present in the human body. There are no known reasons that the medicine should not be taken when prescribed by your doctor.
How Should You Use Carnitor (Injection)
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it will be given.
- This medicine is injected directly into a vein, usually in your arm or chest. This is called intravenous (in-tra-VEEN-ous), or IV injection.
- A nurse or other care giver trained to give IV injections will give your medicine. If a dose is missed:
- Skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Carnitor (Injection) Storage
Store Carnitor (Injection) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Carnitor (Injection) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Carnitor (Injection)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Carnitor (Injection) Warnings
- Do not change brands without first checking with your doctor. If you refill your medicine and it looks different, check with your pharmacist.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have a seizure disorder.
- Your doctor may want to test your blood while you are using this medicine. Make sure you keep all your appointments.
Carnitor (Injection) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Seizures If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Abdominal cramps
- Body odor
- Nausea and/or vomiting