Cardizem SR (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
QuotesChimp have seen that many different factors go into the cost of your premium. The good news about most of the auto insurance pricing mechanisms is that they are based on matters purely within your control. This being so, there are steps you can ...
by Janai in Janai, 03/06/2014
cardizem la over cardizem sr, why?
by Chyvon in detroit,mi, 01/08/2008
Protection against spam is also aalaivble so that the numbers specified by the person can be blocked or allowed to send and receive faxes. Many business owners and ordinary individuals often wonder how you can use your email system to send a fax? Espe...
by Rohan in Rohan, 01/12/2014
Cardizem SR (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Cardizem SR (Oral)
Cardizem SR (Oral) Medication Classification
DILTIAZEM (By mouth)
Cardizem SR (Oral) Brandname
Tiazac, Cardizem CD, Taztia XT, Cardizem LA, Dilacor XR, Cardizem, Cartia XT, Diltia XT, Cardizem SR
Cardizem SR (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Diltiazem (dil-TYE-a-zem) Treats high blood pressure and chest pain (angina). This medicine is a calcium channel blocker.
When To Not Use Cardizem SR (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to diltiazem or similar medicines (such as verapamil, Adalat®, Calan®, Lotrel®, Plendil®, Procardia®), or if you have very low blood pressure or certain heart problems. Talk with your doctor about what these heart problems are.
How Should You Use Cardizem SR (Oral)
Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, 24 Hour Capsule, 12 Hour Capsule, Long Acting Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach.
- Swallow the medicine whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Cardizem SR (Oral) Storage
Store Cardizem SR (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Cardizem SR (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Cardizem SR (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- There are many other medicines that can interact with diltiazem. Make sure your doctor knows about ALL other medicines you are using. This includes over-the-counter medicines that can increase your blood pressure (such as diet pills, cold and allergy medicines, or asthma medicines).
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Cardizem SR (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or stomach problems.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor. You may need to use less and less before stopping it completely.
Cardizem SR (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Chest pain (may be related to your disease and not a side effect)
- Fast, slow, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- Skin rash
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Wheezing or trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Stomach discomfort